Under the banner of ROCKWOOL SeaRox Marine Approved, we market a full range of fire-safe solutions for the shipbuilding industry that also offer optimal acoustic and thermal insulation, as well as solutions for insulation of onboard technical installations.
ROCKWOOL SeaRox insulation covers A-rated, as well as H-rated fire construction requirement associated with marine and offshore industry. This insulation can be installed various surfaces like steel and aluminum bulkhead, deck, roof, floating floor and piping. They can be supplied in varied systems like slab, wire matt and pipe sections, with reinforcement and facing in the form of wire mesh, glass cloth and aluminum foil, which acts as a vapor barrier also.
The key property of all these products is outstanding thermal insulation, which helps keep energy consumption under control. ROCKWOOL stone wool is made from materials that nature itself produces in abundant quantities, one of the earth’s inexhaustible resources – volcanic rock. In addition, stone wool withstands temperatures above 1000°C, making it highly fire-resilient. This means our ROCKWOOL SeaRox product line provides the highest level of fire safety to protect people on ships and offshore platforms. Our fire safe solutions are tested according to the latest international fire test procedures, IMO 2010 FTP Code. Moreover, ROCKWOOL SeaRox products protect against noise and secure a pleasant thermal environment on board, as well as the outstanding water repellency guarantee to maintain the optimal insulation performance of the product.
ROCKWOOL ProRox PS 960 Marine Approved
ROCKWOOL SeaRox FB 6000 Range
ROCKWOOL SeaRox FM 6000 Range
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 620
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 660
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 740
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 340
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 436
ROCKWOOL SeaRox SL 480
ROCKWOOL SeaRox MA 720
ROCKWOOL SeaRox WM 620
ROCKWOOL SeaRox WM 640
ROCKWOOL SeaRox WM 660
ROCKWOOL ProRox stone wool products also contain WR-Tech. WR-Tech is a patent-pending water repellent technology that gives you the superior performance of stone wool, while providing the lowest possible water absorption at operating temperatures in the full CUI range (up to 250°C / 482°F)–also after heating and aging. Our next generation ROCKWOOL ProRox mandrel wound stonewool pipe sections with WR-Tech™ (Water Repellency Technology) get to grips with CUI. They absorb less water, dry faster, are more durable and have a very low water leachable salt content. Minimising the risk of corrosion under insulation.
• Thin stone wool bulk solutions for steel bulkhead and deck fulfilling with highest level of safety
• Highest fire safety – IMO 2010 FTP Code part 3
Fire Rated for A60, A30, A15, H60, H120, B15, B30
• Withstands temperatures above 1000°C
• Saves energy by maintaining optimum indoor temperature and climate.
• Improved acoustic performance – ISO 10140-2 and ISO 717-1. Blocks, absorbs or enhances sound.
• Cost competitive bulk solutions
• Longer-lasting performance and robustness with easier installation.
• Updated certificates from major classification bodies
• Future-proof solution – no limitation in renewal of certificates
• All major constructions covered with a limited number of variations – one product, four dimensions
• Low water absorption maintaining thermal performance and reducing the risk of CUI